March 7, 2022

The tunnel where people pay to inhale radioactive gas

Tom Scott's YouTube channel is among my favorites. I subscribe to his main channel and highly recommend that you do, too. His second channel, not so much.

I very much appreciate that he does research to verify what his videos say and often posts links to his cited sources in the description of his videos.

So here when he says that he has done his research and can't definitively say that the radon gas that is intentionally breathed in for pain relief is either scientifically verifiable or is scientific bunk, I believe him and appreciate the transparency in this video.

I certainly took a similar journey to what Tom describes at 2:20: skepticism, looking at research (I admittedly didn't do independent research), and finally *shrug*. I hope that someone takes Tom up on his offer to have somebody do a double blind study on the radon 'mine' showcased in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment