November 2, 2020

Chemistry is dangerous.



If you're not aware, NileRed - Nigel Braun - posts some really fascinating chemistry videos over on YouTube

I'm tempted to blog pretty much everything that he posts because the reactions are brilliant and often are things that I wouldn't remotely feel confident in doing myself. He's a chemist, and I'm clearly a chemistry teacher - very different training and levels of confidence with chemicals.

Recently, on his alternate channel NileBlue, Nigel posted a great video about the safety precautions that he takes in all of his work. The above video is long - twenty-four minutes long - but covers a great breadth of safety concerns from what clothing to wear to how to minimize risks by never working alone.

If ever you're tempted to do any chemistry at home - Nolan, I'm looking at you - you should watch this entire video and buy yourself a lab coat and some high quality goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment