April 17, 2023

What's That Smell - Flavor Chemistry | Science Around Cincy

Chris Anderson, the host of these videos and originator of the Science Around Cincy YouTube channel used to teach at Princeton High School, where I work.

Chris was with us for a few years and eventually moved along. Chris had said that the time that he wasn't going to be content staying in the classroom, something I never assumed meant becoming a YouTube 'personality', but I hope he's enjoying his time on YouTube. I'm guessing this means he's not in the classroom anymore, but I don't know that for certain. (I did look up his license on the ODE site, and he is at least still licensed to teach 7-12 science until 2026 at the moment.)

Today Chris plays around with a food scientist to smell different organic chemicals which are used to enhance artificially flavored products.

Then he comes back and tastes some of those artificially-flavored products without the smells or sights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment