April 10, 2023

See how skillfully the shrimp uses the surface tension of the water to return to the water.

I'm not a fan of the big push by YouTube toward shorts because I can't seem to find a way to embed those shorts.

The above video is clearly a copy of a copy of a copy because the video is getting a bit degraded by this point.

Sadly, though, the video through which I originally found this cute little drama is from a subreddit with a NSFW title to which I'm not going to link.

I'll move on...

Cute video today of two tiny shrimp caught away from their pond in a bubble of water on the surface of a hydrophobic leaf. I'm guessing the survival rate of such wildlife isn't all that high, but these two shrimp make it thanks to the surface tension and strong intermolecular forces of water - as well as the hydrophobic nature of the leaf.

Good on ya, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment