October 25, 2021

Flesh-Destroying Chromic Acid - Periodic Table of Videos

In posting this video, I went looking for the original video that I was sure I had posted on the blog. Turns out I hadn't, so I'll go ahead and post that below. Might be worth watching it first, though you will get the general gist by watching the above video.

I remember chromic acid being around the stock room of Wabash's chem department - and also around Pru Phillips's stock room when I student taught for her. Pru kept the chromic acid around for when her glassware got too stained for acceptable use.

I'm passingly familiar with the dangers of chromic acid, however, so I don't have it around, and Flinn Scientific doesn't even sell it anymore.

After watching this video, I think that's a good choice on their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment