March 4, 2019

Neil deGrasse Tyson - The Most Astounding Fact

I've posted about Neil deGrasse Tyson's most astounding fact before, but it's probably my most favorite video ever...and it's relevant to today's video...so I'm posting it again.



A while back I posted a graphic showing where each element came from in our universe.

Today I'm posting an updated graphic because we keep learning new stuff about the universe and the element contained therein.

It turns out that scientists observed (original publication & popular translation) a couple of neutron stars collide this past year (or rather they collided like 130 million years ago, but we just got to observe it this past year.)


So, now that graphic...

Source - https://fermi.gsfc.nasa.gov/fermi10/fridays/08172018.html



No comments:

Post a Comment